Back for more in 06/07. Div3 racing at it's finest. www.stevens-racing.de

Thursday, November 24, 2005

On the DL

This is gonna be exceptionally short because typing right now is exceptionally painful. I crashed in training yesterday morning and damaged my left hand pretty badly. The X-rays say there is no fracture, but mobility is bad and there is plenty of swelling. So, no racing in the Verge series this weekend. I'd really like to not talk about how it happened because it is rather embarassing. Glamour factor = very low.

After Nationals, Aurora and two top tens in Verge NE series competition, I am now sitting in 48th on UCI world rank. I'm pretty happy with that as it will help my contract negotiations with my team and with the European promoters. I'm due to head back over there in early December so this kind of stuff needs to be sorted quick snap.

I've accepted my spot on the Canadian team to CX Worlds in Zeddam, Netherlands, so that puts me in Europe till at least the end of January. I have to return to Hamburg first in order to get things dialled with the team, but ideally I'd like to be based in West Flanders like I was last year. The CX racing scene is so hot there, it'd be hard to pass up. I just have to find a place to live...

That's about all I can handle right now, but I'll try to keep you updated on my situation.

GReain

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home